We aim to promote the love of God among the people we serve. Our services can be divided into four heads;
- Mission Apostolate
- Social Welfare
The missionary zeal in spreading the word of God by being pure and poor for the kingdom of God, is the dedication of our sisters in bearing witness to the gospel. Apostolic activities such as:
- Spreading the good news of the gospel.
- Bringing people together in unity and a common bond.
- Integration, and
- Equity and social justice.
The above mentioned apostolic activities are attained in communities through
- Spirituality – living the gospels to preach the word of Christ.
- Integrity – being consistently committed and focused in our decision and activities.
- Respect – showing respect for self and others.
- Fairness to others – ensuring just decisions are made through open dialogue, empowerment, dignity and self decision – making.
- Care – acting and committed to ensure the welfare of others.
- Values – sharing and proclaiming the teaching of Jesus through the value.
- Justice inclusion and equality, gospel values become a visible focus.
In order to carry out its apostolic mission the Mary Matha Province has taken the following steps.
In order to foster the house visiting irrespective of caste or creed creating a rapport with people around and studying their situation, sisters are allotted different areas, so that all the possible physical & spiritual helps are made available for the people around.
The love and mercy of Jesus is witnessed here. Illiteracy and ignorance of the people are removed.
Mary Matha Province is divided into three zones in order to inculcate, increase and strengthen the missionary zeal and motivate the missionary activities. Every zone has a selected zonal Animators and Secretary. Every 3 months zonal meetings will be held to evaluate and encourage the missionary activities of sisters. Each zone makes its own action plan and carries them out.
Catechism and Prayer Meetings:-
Every Sunday in the parish level and every day in the school level Catechism is taught by the sisters. They prepare children and adults for Sacraments, visiting houses and say Rosary and conduct prayer meetings.
Missionary Activities through Associations
Youth are guided and led through many associations like Malankara Catholic Association (MCA), Malankara Catholic Youth Movement (MCYM), Mathru Sangham, Mission league, Legion of Mary, Vincent De Paul etc. And children are guided through Bala sakhim, Children’s for Unity, Little way Association. Through association people join us to extend their helping hand.
Mobile Mission Team:
The purpose of this team is to serve God and to provide service for the poor. We offer support, affirmation and practical help to share the love of God with all those who have no opportunity to know God’s love. This team moves through villages and engages in active mission work. Currently we have sisters working in the following ministries: Parish Chaplaincy, Parish visits and care of elderly people, Social work, health care in hospitals, nursing education, community outreach programs, prayer group meetings, counselling, sharing God’s word in public and Youth ministries.