St.Mary Matha Province

Background

Congregation of Daughters of Mary is a Missionary Congregation founded by late Monsignor Joseph Kuzhinjalil in the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church, during the early days of the Re-union Movement in 1938 at Marthandom, Kanyakumari district, with three members, by the paternal blessing and consent of late Archbishop His Grace Mar Ivanios (Servant of God). Mother Mary Kallarackal was the Co-foundress and the first member of the Congregation.  marymathaprov1
 marymathaprov2  The primary mission of the Congregation is to bring the Good News to the poor and neglected, concentrating in families for their integrated development. The Motto of our Congregation is “That all may be one.” The Congregation was bifurcated in 1987 and was raised to the pontifical status in 1988 by His Holiness Pope John Paul II.
Mary Matha Vice Province is one of the Provinces of the Congregation of the Daughters of Mary. Its first mission station was established in the year 1979. His Grace Late Cyril Mar Baseless Catholics invited The Daughters of Mary to commence their mission work within this region at Bathery mission station in Bathery Diocese in Waynad.  marymathaprov2

The Mother General Sister Immaculate gave the permission to establish the convent at Myladumpotty on August 1979.

Right from its inception, this province has expanded its services throughout the specified region of Karnataka, and Malappuram in other parts of Waynad. Mission houses were established in these three regions to serve the poor by living along with them. Later these three houses amalgamated to form part of St. Mary’s Province. On 7th July 2000, Bathery became a region and on 22nd August 2002, Mother General Sr. Felix declared this region as a Vice province.

Its first regional Superior was Sr.Veronica DM. Today Mary Matha vice Province has expanded into three regional zones, Karnataka, Nilambur and Wyanad. It comprises of nineteen convents which are spread across India.

Our Activities

Our Vision:

Each DM Sister is called “to be Pure and Poor for the Kingdom of God, to live and proclaim the Word of God and abandon oneself to the Providential love to reach in perfect love.” (Our Charism)

Mission Values:

» Integrity

Being consistently honest and trustworthy in all activities.» Respect

Having regard for self and others.» Fairness

Ensuring just decisions through open empowerment, dignity and self decision-making.» Care

Acting to ensure the welfare of others.

 marymathaprov4

Activities which support our mission values.

  • Conduct regular house visits within their allocated regions.
  • Enable growth within the youth in Christian faith and spirituality.
  • Prepare people to receive the sacraments.
  • Organize and conduct camps, seminars, meditation, and prayer groups.
  • Visit the sick at home and in hospitals.
  • Counsel and conduct prayer sessions.
  • Support the parish priests, in Church related activities.
  • Administer and mobilize resources effectively.
  • Network with government services and professionals

Publication

Maria Sumam is the publication for the sisters. It informs them of the changes which occur within the province. Articles of interest, which have been written by the sisters can also be read by clicking on the link below.

Team Members

Vice Provincial

 marymathaprov5
 Mother Shubha Therese D.M

Other Members

  • Sr. Jessy Maria D.M : Asst. Provincial
  • Sr. Tresa Mathew : Councilor
  • Sr. Silvy Mathew D.M : Counsilor
  • Sr. Joan Maria D.M : Counsilor
  • Sr.Shubha Jose D.M : Treasurer
  • Sr.Deena Rose D.M : Secretary
 marymathaprov6
Congregation of Daughters of Mary is a Missionary Congregation founded by late Monsignor Joseph Kuzhinjalil in the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church, during the early days of the Re-union Movement in 1938 at Marthandom, Kanyakumari district, with three members, by the paternal blessing and consent of late Archbishop His Grace Mar Ivanios (Servant of God). Mother Mary Kallarackal was the Co-foundress and the first member of the Congregation.
Tab content
Tab content
Tab content
Tab content
Tab content

Congregation of Daughters of Mary is a Missionary Congregation founded by late Monsignor Joseph Kuzhinjalil in the Syro-Malankara Catholic Church, during the early days of the Re-union Movement in 1938 at Marthandom, Kanyakumari district, with three members, by the paternal blessing and consent of late Archbishop His Grace Mar Ivanios (Servant of God). Mother Mary Kallarackal was the Co-foundress and the first member of the Congregation.